1. Pickles are awesome. I forgot about pickles for a year. Why? I’m not sure, but now I’m going to go eat a whole jar of pickles.
2. Bikes > Cars. Hilary and I won the Ottawa Foodie Challenge this weekend. You have no idea how honoured we were to win this squishy dog toy sandwich. But actually. It came with tonnes of other cool prizes.
3. NOBODY will let you roll your own sushi. Don’t ask. The sushi lady will probably chase you out of her shop with her eyes.
4. If every meal has been accompanied by a cookie, your day has been swell.
5. Sometimes it doesn’t really REALLY sink in that you’re going somewhere, until you google map streetview your new abode. Then you flip out and creep through the entire city of Paris on streetview. It’s not easy let me tell you.
6. Even if all he phoned you for was to tell you what type of dinosaur sprinkles he put on his sundae, it’s always worth it to talk to your baby brother.
7. REAL (montreal style) Bagels can and should be used as currency, and I dare go as far as to say Christmas gifts.
8. When in doubt, just name your team after the Yukon. The novelty just doesn’t wear off over here.
9. Climate Change is so legit. It was 18°C earlier this weak. Top three coldest global capitols my arse. My body is confused by this weather and keeps on putting long pants on to go running. If I sweat hard enough, the weather will change. I know these things.
10. “Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.” – Albus Dumbledore. I’m beginning to see it Dumbledore. T-1 month until Christmas.